Alaa Ahmed DMD, DMSc
Dr. Ahmed is a periodontist dedicated to the comprehensive, patient-focused treatment of gum disease, bone loss, and dental implant therapy. He is committed to providing high-quality dental care. Dr. Ahmed conducts thorough examinations and spends time discussing with the patient and the referring doctors all treatment options. Dr. Ahmed is also LANAP and LAPIP provider.
Education and Professional Involvement
Dr. Ahmed is a Faculty member in the Department of Periodontology at the Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine. He earned his DMD degree from Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine and his Advanced Graduate Education certificate in Periodontology and Doctorate of Medical Sciences degree from Harvard University. He continues to pursue lifelong education through his research at The Forsyth Institute, and membership in professional organizations including the American Academy of Periodontology, American Dental Association, American Association of Dental Research, Academy of Osseointegration and International Congress of Oral Implantology.
Dr. Ahmed won several awards during his education and training:
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Award
- Boston University Award for Patient Care and Practice Management
- Award of the Northeastern Society of Periodontists
- Award of the American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- American Academy of Dental Research Dentsply Award in Basic Science Research
- Dr. Ahmed has been placed on the Best Doctors List in America for 2019
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Association of Dental Research
- International Association of Dental Research
- Massachusetts Dental Society
When not working, Dr. Ahmed likes to spend time with his wife, Passant and his four children: Malak, Adam, Maryam, and Omar. He also enjoys reading about science or history.